Tuesday 5 November 2013

CHOBANI GREEK YOGURT - BLOGGERS CHRISTMAS DINNER









Well guys let me first apologise for the lack of blogposts, honestly the amount of course work I have at the moment is pulling me down. Reports left right and centre, assessments coming at you three a day its non stop. I feel like I live in this library AHHHHHH !

So last week I was invited to attend Chobani' Christmas dinner at The Corinthian Club Glasgow. I had arranged to meet up with my new blogger pal Genna who can be found at The Styling Novice and also Jennifer from The big burd

 A little bit about Chobani before I start about the event;

Chobani is a Greek yogurt that has newly been released in the UK after a huge success in America. The founder of Chobani is a Turkish guy who went to America and realised he couldn't have his favourite yogurt shipped over. So he decided to make his own yogurt with the money he had in his pocket. Of course this is a very costly thing to do and by the time the yogurt was produced he had no money left for advertising, marketing etc so what better to do than get in touch with bloggers, writers, foodies and let them trial the Chobani Greek yogurt in hopes that they spread the word, and spread the word they did. If it wasn't for these people Chobani wouldn't have been able to be available in the UK and us bloggers wouldn't have had the amazing opportunity to go along to this event find out about the heritage of the company, get to sample the yogurt in many different varieties and tell you all about it !

The Event



We arrived at the event on time and made our way up the stairs to the Langley room, the room was an absolute delight with images of Glasgow City Centre Sketched on the wall, the table was layed out for the bloggers. Of course we where the first people there except from the beautiful girls from Chobani - Christine and Amy the girls where very welcoming and got to getting us a cocktail straight away.



The cocktails where made with real Chobani yogurt and they where cherrylicious with an edible little raspberry included. I love my cocktails and I love my yogurt but never would I have thought to mix the two together after the event I was telling everyone about them and they where asking questions like was it not too thick? did it not taste weird? well the answer was NO it was absolutely amazing and I cant wait until my next dinner party to serve these cocktails up !



When the rest of the bloggers arrived we all sat down to dinner, we had a choice between two for each course.


For my starter I decided to go with the Chobani Risotto which was made with the real Chobani yogurt again may I add - this also included sun blushed tomatoes, spring onion, broad beans and Parmesan which was the decider for me as I'm a complete cheese freak and will eat anything with a bit of cheese in it. May I add this starter was perhaps one of the best starters I've tasted in a LONNNNGGGG time, it may be down to the fact I don't fine dine a lot but this was definitely something else, the risotto was cooked perfectly, it was creamy a flavourful and went down a treat.




For my main I decided to go with the RACK OF LAMB which had Chobani dauphinoise potatoes, baby vegetables and a Chobani mint sauce. I've never had lamb before so this was a very new dining experience for me and let me tell you if it's got chobani added to it it's going to be a meal to remember, everything was absolutely perfect about the main even though the starter still has my heart.




Now for dessert I went for the chobani caramel creme brulee with shortbread and stuck to my Scottish roots. It was amazing, also I've never had creme brulee before so this was an adventure for me.

Now people are going to be reading this blog thinking what is this boy all about, hes never had lamb, he doesn't like risotto and hes never had a creme brulee. WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN HIDING ? I'm a very basic kind of boy when it comes to food I like to keep it plain and simple and most definitely do NOT like to try new things. You will usually find I order macaroni and chips or a burger and chips or a spaghetti of some sort I don't like to venture and try new things in fear that it will ruin my experience of the establishment I am visiting so always play it safe. One thing Chobani has taught me is to be adventurous get out there try new things even try mixing your vodka with a Chobani cherry yogurt what can be more adventurous than that right ?



On our way home we each received a Chobani goody bag, inside the goody bag we had a number of ingredient cards teaching us how to use Chobani in every day baking and cooking which btw I cant wait to try we also got a Chobani chef apron which of course I will be supporting with style when I try to make something off of one of the cards soon. Amy has also been in touch via email and is sending us all samples of Chobani yogurt in the mail, but I just couldn't resist and made my way to Morrison's to purchase some and its safe to say they are gone already ! 

SO - what do you think of the blog ? have I inspired you to try Chobani or have you already tried it ? 

What are you like when it comes to eating out are you as fussy as me or will you try new things ? 

Let me know what you think.




4 comments:

  1. Food looks amazing!!!! Great blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. N'awh we're so glad we've introduced you to new foods and encouraged you to be adventurous :D Who would have thought that CHO was so versatile! Mmm I'm still having dreams about that lamb!

    Really glad you enjoyed your evening with us!

    See you soon!!

    Chobani

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the lamb was amazing !

    It was great, cant wait untill the next time.

    See you soon

    scottnothingtodowithyou :) x

    ReplyDelete