Thursday 19 June 2014

FASHION FACE OFF!

 

At the end of May I was lucky enough to be invited along to Livingston Designer Outlet to take part in the Fashion Face Off! They set myself and 4 other #scottishbloggers (Amanda Tatyana Laura Charlotte)a challenge of creating the best Spring/Summer outfits up to the cost of £150* - amazing or what? 



Let me tell you a lil' bit about Livingston Designer Outlet first, having never been to Livingston before I did a little research before I went. I found out that it has over 70 designer stores with some offering over 60% discounts, for me this was like music to my big ears! I love a discount and hate paying full price for clothes especially designer clothes as the mark up on some of it can be absolutely ridiculous. The majority of the clothes on sale are last seasons, but if you know how to style them up properly of course you can bring them right up to date! My favourite go to stores where Ted Baker, Fred Perry & Nike !

Off I went, ideas in my head of what I was going to buy and what my outfit was going to turn out to be. Little did I know I fell flat, I lost control and went  a little crazy in the shops buying things left right and centre. In my mind I was going for a cool summers day, black shorts, white shirt, black fedora maybe some birkenstock style shoes but no I went for this crazy funky green and yellow octopus shirt from  Lacoste Live! A greenish jumper from Ted Baker, An iPad case from Fred Perry which I used as a clutch and the most comfiest pair of Nike Air Max's in the world! I couldn't have been any further away from my original idea if I tried. 

Time to get ready, there I was standing in the toilets putting my outfit together and the worst possible thing happened my shirt was too small & it was the last in the store I was majorly gutted so I had to pop my denim shirt on under my jumper. When my outfit came together I was overly whelmed with it, it was just basic! I wish I stuck to my original idea but hey ho big discounts send me a little mental to the point I was even getting student discount on top of the overly generous discounts that where already on offer.

In the end Amanda from honeypopkisses won and a well deserved win at that! Her outfit was the perfect Spring/Summer combination mixing pastel blues with some whites and lemon and the cutest little iPad mini case which she decided to use as a purse -where did you get that idea Amanda? Congratulations!



For anyone who has never been to Livingston Outlet before, GO - GO NOW TAKE YOUR CARD AND RUN! I'm already planning my next adventure & cant wait to get my hands on another pair of majorly discounted Nike's! The other great thing about the Livingston Designer Outlet is that it has a selection of fast food takeaways and restaurants so after a good galavant about and after some major plastic burning you can sit down and relax and get excited about all the amazing clothes you've bought and plan out when and where you are going to wear them.
 


 Nike Air Max - £32*
  Nike Air Max - £32*
 Lacoste - £28* This is what I exchanged for the shirt that was too small
 Fred Perry Ipad Case ( Used as clutch) £15*
 Ted Baker Sweater £27* student discount applied

We where also treated to a pair of jeans from the lovely staff at Levi's unfortunately they didn't have the right fit for me in the men's section so I opted for a pair of their Demi curved jeans as part of their Curve Id Campaign! These jeans are great for my shape as the hug my legs in the best parts and they have great elasticity in them
 



I had some cash left over and went a little browse after they announced the winner! I knew I was needing a new wallet as I was carrying around my cards and ID in my pocket and needed something to keep them in. So back to Ted Baker I went to pick up this amazing little pocket wallet perfect for keeping my cash and cards in plus the fact the leather felt so so silky smooth I just couldn't resist.











No comments:

Post a Comment